Stöke School is in session!
Our clinics give you an immersive learning experience and the chance to share the stoke with other riders.
Stöke School gives you the chance to learn multiple skills in one weekend alongside other riders. You’ll learn and practice skills within a safe, controlled environment and then take them to the trail (weather-permitting) on group ride led by your coaches.
Currently, we offer Stöke School at the fundamental (MTB Skills 101) and intermediate (MTB Skills 201) skill levels. To register for MTB Skills 201, you must have completed our MTB Skills 101 or an equivalent skills clinic/course.
Each Stöke School is limited to 12 riders to maintain a 6:1 rider-to-coach ratio, so register asap to reserve your spot!
Interested in a custom Stöke School for your club or organization? Email us at email@example.com.
MTB Skills 101: You’ll learn how to…
- Find and maintain a balanced body position on the bike
- Attack downhill and technical terrain
- Make your feet “stick” to flat pedals
- Choose the right gear and shift gears effectively
- How to brake with control (using both brakes!)
- Avoid pedal strikes when navigating obstacles
- Navigate skinnies and switchbacks
- Maneuver your bike through corners and berms
- Make it up hills efficiently
- And more!
MTB Skills 201: You’ll learn how to…
- Maintain control when braking at high speed
- Flow through corners and berms with speed
- Get your wheels off the ground using various wheel lift maneuvers—and when to use them
- Perform a trackstand
- Navigate steep roll downs
What to bring to Stöke School
- A tuned mountain bike or fat bike
- A well-fitting helmet
- Flat platform pedals (the ones with the pins) are recommended
- Ability to lower your saddle
- Bug spray
- Weather-appropriate clothing (a little rain won’t scare us away, so dress accordingly if there’s a chance of precip)
- Your own stoke!